Advanced Quality Engineer qualified candidate should posses natural mechanical abilities, understand base soldering processes, have the ability to clearly think through and communicate technical aspects of system set-up, maintenance, process development work, and customer training. Travel throughout the US and Mexico is required. PROMATION will provide additional training on robot programming, system feature
- Ensure effective engagement of the Quality Organization onto forward model programs, by managing the Quality and Safety Verification task in VPDS.
- Guarantee dissemination of knowledge across the organization through the Lessons Learned Process
- Facilitation of DFMEA sessions to ensure lessons learned and best practices are driven into the DFMEA
- Engage in quotations to ensure quality commitment are aligned with the supplier and development strategy
- Ensure early in the development lifecycle that lesson learned previous projects are taken into account, integrated and drive the product enhancement
- Provide coaching and mentoring of VPDS and VBOS at a Product Development Level (mainly compliant with IATF16949 standard)
- Manage closure of Non-Compliances from Customer Audits / Forward Model Quality Reviews (ensure cascade within and across the Customer Groups.)
- Facilitate Problem Solving teams (drive teams to closure of D7 – Prevent Recurrence actions) and provide Coaching and Mentoring for Practical Problem solving.
Desired Competencies and Experience:
- Technical apprenticeship or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge on IATF16949 or ISO TS 16949
- Knowledge of automotive quality systems and tools; APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, 8D, 5 Why, Six Sigma etc.
- PC application knowledge MS-Office
- Organizational and planning skills, communication and reporting, presentation and facilitation
- Basic knowledge about OEM requirement desirable, but not pre-requisition
Comprehensive understanding of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of statistics
- Basic experience in Quality area is desired