IPC A 610 is the most widely used electronics assembly IPC standards in the world. This is a must-have for inspectors, operators and others with an interest in the acceptance criteria for electronic assemblies.
IPC standards illustrate industry-accepted workmanship criteria for electronics assemblies through detailed statements reflecting acceptable and defect conditions, supported by full-color photographs and illustrations.
Major topics include flex attachment, board-in-board, part-on-part, both lead-free and tin-lead criteria, component orientation and soldering criteria for through hole, SMT, cleaning, marking, coating and laminate requirements.
Additionally, wherever possible statements were modified to make readability easier and to enhance understanding — all without eliminating any requirements.
IPC standards, Some significant changes to IPC A 610 G
In compassion to old IPC A 610-F in the latest IPC-610-F Revision few changes.
- The Standard Remains a Visual Quality Acceptance Standard.
- In the General Section – Significant Changes Were Made to Various Topics.
- Various Updates to Acceptance and Defect Classes Throughout the Standard.
- Various Surface Mount Criteria Updated
- Supported Holes – Solder Conditions – Meniscus in Solder.
- Through Hole Criteria is Updated.
- Chip Components – Various End Cap Terminations.
- Surface Mount Area Array – Under fill /Staking.
IPC A 610 is invaluable for all inspectors, operators and trainers. The document synchronizes to the requirements expressed in other industry consensus documents and is most often used with the material and process standard IPC J-STD-001. Released October 2017.
Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies Inspection Other Standards
- IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies
- IPC a 610 Acceptability of Printed Boards
- IPC-TF-870 Qualification and Performance of Polymer Thick Film Printed Boards
- IPC-6011 Generic Performance Specification for Printed Boards
- IPC-6013 Specification for Printed Wiring, Flexible and Rigid-Flex
- IPC-6012 Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards
- IPC-6018 Qualification and Performance Specification for High Frequency (Microwave) Printed Boards
- IPC- 6202 IPC/JPCA Performance Guide Manual for Single- and Double-Sided Flexible Printed Wiring Boards
- PAS-62123 Performance Guide Manual for Single & Double Sided Flexible Printed Wiring Boards