Job Title : Engineer , Process
General Summary : Under general supervision, is responsible for developing, implementation of new automation equipments and coordinating method and processes to maximize output of new and established priorities.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Review and determines most economic methods and operation sequence within the manufacturing processes on selective / continuous / reflow soldering machines.
- Study and develop alternatives to modify current programs / recipe and introducing new program / recipe / chemistry to improve machine availability and utility. Work with Global and engineering team to quality the same.
- Design and develop fixtures / tools specially in SMT area. Works independently and comes up with best combinations and cost effective method for same.
- Assist in determination of root cause for rejected parts and their disposition. Ensures root cause analysis translates into process improvements when appropriate
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential
- Develops and ensure all associated procedures & work instructions, process controls are understood and followed
- Simulating and testing equipment / processes to ensure they function as desired
- Collecting data and working on reports to outline new concepts, production outcomes, and ongoing efficiency
- Programming, developing and maintaining clear and accurate documentation of automation equipment / processes
- Troubleshooting automated equipment specially continuous wave / selective wave / reflow ovens when errors occur. Also Works in close co-ordination with works coordinators and Operations Supervisors to ensure Establishment of work priorities / schedules
- Management of a project team and training staff on implemented equipment / processes or on any changes to existing ones
- Elaborate actions plan to prevent non-conformity product situation
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment
- Will be required to participate in activities that require frequent time spent on the manufacturing floor and occasionally working outdoors
Qualification : Bachelor’s in related curriculum such as Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Automation Engineering
- Preferbly 5+ years of work experience in a medium volume / mix electro-mechanical manufacturing or production environment with an emphasis on automation in manufacturing processes.
- preferably 3+ years of demonstrated experience in SMT process engineering.
Skills Required :
- Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
- Should have sound knowledge in TPM to creation and support Preventive Maintenance and equipment care.
- Should have knowledge on solid works / AutoCAD software and TPM practice.
- Ability to effectively interact with personnel of various levels and disciplines.
- Ability to regularly contact, influence and negotiate with both internal and external individuals on complex issues.
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.