Solder pots are small, temperature-controlled pots that are a very useful tool in the electronic soldering process. Solder Pot is ideal for tinning the ends of stranded wire leads, nothing can we beat a solder pot It is an excellent tool. The Best Solder pot to used to mainly dip soldering of small circuit boards for small commercial locations as well electronic shops.
Solder post is a very common and widely used tool for electronics circuit boards and the tinning of wires. The main disadvantage of soldering pot use required much investment So required a large production volume to compensate for the cost of equipment.
When it comes to buying Best Solder Pot you basically have two options, buying for large volume production requirements or a general-purpose use. Obviously, You certainly can’t count the number and kinds of Solder Pot available in the market, we had to undertake extensive research to find out Best Solder Pot to meet your project requirements.
And as beginners, it is very hard to choose the best Lead-Free Solder Pot especially tough when you are not aware of all features and layouts of equipment. That’s why we decided to reviews of 5 best solder pots available in the market. So that you can find the best suitable options for your needs.
5 Best Solder Pots 2021-Quick Rankings
1. Aven 17100-150 best Lead Free Solder Pot
2. KLT-360 Best Solder Pot Titanium Alloy
3. Twinkle Bay best Lead Free Solder Pot
4. Jameco Benchpro Best Dip Soldering Pot for Industrial Uses
5. CM161Best Solder Pots
The model we are taking a look at in the list of Best Solder Pot is known as Aven 17100-150 Lead-Free Solder Pot. The Best Solder Bath Machine is also equipped with excellent thermal stability. That quickly liquefies solder with a pot capacity of 500g. The Crucible is made from stainless steel with the uniform coating of titanium plating, it’s actually very useful as it increases the overall lifespan of the Lead Free Solder Pot.
The Solder Pot is also equipped with Heating element 150W, ensuring that a proper, for melting solder, plastic, resin, and more. Now much like the Best Solder Bath Machines out in the market it is best suitable for tinning the ends of stranded wire leads and also dip soldering of the printed circuit board assembly.
Another great thing about this best Lead-Free Solder Pot is that the Solder pot size of the device is 50mm (1.96in) diameter. It is sufficient for small commercial use and other home workshop applications. For a long life span, it is featured with featuring corrosion resistance coating of the stainless steel wall.
It is very compact and lightweight. The total weight of this Item is only 1.3 pounds. That is an essay to carry one place to other. The overall design is simple and easy to use, It is highly recommended for small electrical parts and dip-soldering small circuit boards.
The next best Lead Free Solder Pot we are looking at is from TOMALTIC Store, and this is known as KLT-360 Solder Pot Titanium Alloy. This is also an awesome quality product with a solid stainless steel body. You need to make sure you’re aware of the solder pot metal that is very very important for device life.
The KLT-360 Solder Pot aims to make everything a lot simpler for easy to use by making sure that the consumer doesn’t have any bad experience. It is a reliable and affordable device with a lot of multiple features. This is a Best Dip Soldering Pot for Household and Industrial Uses.
Most people don’t really realize the importance of the soldering pot until they lose the quality efficiency of production outputs. So the selection of the right tool for the right project is very crucial. That is why we have selected a great product to meet your requirements.
The next Product in our Best Solder Pot is Twinkle Bay Lead-Free Solder Pot. Twinkle Bay uses a high-quality Soldering Bath made Made of stainless steel board for the manufacturing of this best Lead Free Solder Pot. these amazing Lead-Free Solder Pot and ideal for tinning the ends of stranded wire leads. You can also use them for re-tinning soldering iron tips and also dip soldering small circuit boards with perfect accuracy of temperature.
In addition to that, Twinkle Bay Best Dip Soldering Pot for Household having the Pot solder capacity is 2300g / 81.1oz that is enough for industrial usage as well.
Overall, Twinkle Bay is a Best Dip Soldering Pot for Household and Industrial Uses amazing selection with multiple features. It is recommended to buy for hobbyists and homemakers with easy-to-use functions.
I came across the Jameco Benchpro Solder Pot nearly a year ago. The Holds up Capacity 1KG to 2.2lbs (1KG) of solder bar. This huge and perfect selection for industrial as well heavy-duty applications. In other words, we can say that it is a Best Dip Soldering Pot for Industrial Uses. It is the perfect choice for small as well as large projects.
Jameco Benchpro Solder Pot is lead free version and Made from stainless steel. To increase the life of pot it is coated with titanium plating. That is also essential for safe work environments also.
The Regulated Temperature range is 420-450 Celsius that is enough for melting solder in minutes only. Thus it helps to save productive time by very quick solder melting. the Jameco’s soldering bath is the Best Solder Bath Machine available on market and a symbol of quality and durability. It is a perfect solution for Ideal for tinning stranded wire lead ends with accuracy and higher capacity.
The last product on our list is CM161 Best Solder Pots. it is a 1000W and 5.7kg capacity. With big power heater Best Dip Soldering Pot for Industrial Uses. It is an amazing device that to reach 842℉ within 30 minutes only.
The best part of this CM161Best Solder Pots is that it is featured With a temperature setting and locking function that never allows to affected by the wrong operation.
Best Solder Pots Buyer’s Guide
For this buyer’s guide, take a look at what features are crucial for selecting each Best Solder Pots. let’s discuss these important parameters in more detail to understand why they are crucial and their impact on functioning.
Obviously, there are hundreds of options out there. So We have carefully listed the important factors you need to consider when buying a Best Solder Pots. It will definitely help you to meet project requirements.
Ideally, you should get Best Solder Pots that have the capacity to meet your project’s needs and requirements. It is a simple yet clever addition that you plan to work with very small pieces of SMD components, Smartphones, or other such simple projects. It is recommended to select the soldering pot with a lower capacity. That also helps to get good quality solder joints and also saves power.
Besides, projects with larger Projects ensure a smoother user experience as well speed productions, which may require different sizes of pots.
Undoubtedly, safety is of the utmost importance while handling the higher temperature molten solder. You see, Dip Soldering Pot for Household are inherently dangerous. it is essential to buy a Best Dip Soldering Pot for Industrial and home Uses that have internal fortifications that prevent overheating, fires, and explosions.
You’d be wise to spend your money on a durable best Lead-Free Solder Pot. While selecting a solder pot you must consider that the pot must be clean properly before starting the work. It is a very frequent activity so one must face a higher focus on it.
One last extremely important factor to consider Best Solder Pots is Temperature. You can always look for something extra while buying a Best Dip Soldering Pot for Households. Solder pots are small and well temperature-controlled pots. To melt materials it can be quite high so it is a crucial factor while selecting Best Solder Pots.
Top Rated Best Lead Free Solder Pots for Dip Soldering
How to Solder PGA components and connectors follow by Solder Pot
Solder pot machine
Nozzle to match part
Pallet to hold board over solder fountain
Heat resistant, antistatic gloves
Protective face gear
Heat resistant tape
- The clean work area of any contamination, oxides, or residues. Attach the correct nozzle to the solder pot.
- Ensure that the soldering pot solder has the correct temperature.
- Heat up the nozzle by flowing solder through it until a clear flow of solder is obtained.
- Set the timer for the amount of time the solder fountain is to be running.
- The area around the rework site may be masked with high-temperature resistant tape, or similar material, to protect the adjacent area during rework.
- Preheat the board to the desired temperature, depending on the component restrictions and the board Tg material.
- Place the part in the correct position on the board.
- Flux the bottom side site where the component is together with the component pins. Place the board on the pallet over the nozzle.
- Adjust the distance between the board’s bottom side and nozzle. The melted solder should be able to reach the bottom side of the board. Turn on the solder fountain and start the timer
- As the solder in the holes reflows, the component may have to be reoriented to drop into the holes.
- At the end of the timer cycle, wait at least 5 s for the solder to solidify and then, remove the board.
- Clean as applicable and inspect to established workmanship requirements.
How to Repair and rework
General information about the PBA repair and rework process is given below. If a component is sensitive to rework, the component rework requirements overrule. The performing manufacturing site or service center is responsible that the quality of the repair is according to the product’s production process specification According to IPC Standards.
- Attached materials – The materials and processes used for repair and rework must be selected such that their combination fulfills the requirements of the finished product.
- Flux residues – Excessive or dark flux residues shall be cleaned with isopropanol. Burnt flux can turn into conductive carbon compounds and shall always be removed.
- Baking of PBAs prior to reworking – Before hot air reflow, it is important to ensure that all components that will be subjected to high temperatures that could cause damage should be evaluated for required bake out of moisture. The times and temperatures for bake out of moisture for different types of components can be found in the latest revision of IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033. If the baking times and temperatures in this standard are followed, all (or nearly all) absorbed moisture will be baked out
- Component handling – Moisture-sensitive components have to be handled and stored according to IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033’s latest revision.
- Preheating – bottom heat – Requirement on specific methods can require using a bottom heater during repair to preheat the board and to level out the ΔT on the PBA. It will also minimize thermal stress. The general temperature on the PBA surface should not exceed 150°C (or according to the repair method on a specific package specified below) to minimize intermetallic growth and thermal stress on PCB.
- Manual Soldering station – The soldering tip temperature shall be minimum 315°C and maximum 360°C for tin-lead soldering and between 360°C to 450°C for lead-free soldering. Do not use higher temperatures than necessary. Too high temperature can cause damage and cracks due to thermal stress on sensitive components, e.g. ceramic components like capacitors.
- Manual hot-air – Secure that the component to be repaired and the areas around this component are not over-heated. If there is the slightest doubt that the maximum component or board temperature could not be kept, a BGA repair machine or another repair process shall be considered to ensure high process control. Too high temperature can cause damage and cracks due to thermal stress on sensitive components, e.g. ceramic components like capacitors
Acronyms and Abbreviations
Acronyms and abbreviations used in this document are the following:
Baking – Moisture from atmospheric humidity enters permeable packaging materials by diffusion. The baking will force out the absorbed moisture and shall be perfor-med with a hot air oven adapted for baking of components and PBAs.
BGA – Ball Grid Array is a package type with the bottom side covered (or partly covered) with solder bumps forming a grid pattern.
BGA-repair machine – BGA-repair machine is equipment for repair of e.g. BGA/CSP/QFN compo-nents with top and bottom heat and possibilities to have excellent control of alignment, temperature, air-flow and time.
CBGA – Ceramic Ball Grid Array is a BGA with a ceramic substrate and often high temperature alloy bumps that not melt during normal reflow soldering.
CSP – Chip Scale Package; a component with about the same size of the chip area as the package area. This component has most often solder bumps as interconnection to the PCB.
Delta T (ΔT) – The difference between the highest and lowest temperature is referred to as Delta T (ΔT).
IMC – Intermetallic compounds consist of a homogenous phase of two or more ma-terials that form during soldering, grow by time and heat after soldering and during repair.
LGA – Land Grid Array is most often referred to as a BGA without bumps, in other words a package with an array of soldering pads on the substrate bottom-side providing electrical and mechanical connection to the PCB.
Liquidus – The temperature at which a solder starts to become molten (vs. solidus); nor-mally for lead-free alloys the liquidus are 217°C -220°C
MLF – Micro Lead Frame is a near CSP size package with a lead frame substrate. This package uses perimeter soldering pads on the bottom of the package to provide electrical and mechanical contact to the PCB. The package also often is thermal enhanced by having the die attach paddle exposed on the bottom of the package surface.
PBA – Printed Board Assembly (assembled board)
PCB – Printed Circuit Board (bare board)
Pin-Through-Hole assembly – Pin-Through-Hole is a method of assembling a component on a printed circuit board substrate, utilizing pin-through-hole connections.
PGA – Pin Grid Array is a package type with pins arranged in an array on the bottom side of the package.
PLCC – Plastic Leaded Chip Carrier is a package type with “J-leads”. The pitch is always 1.27 mm.
QFN – Quad Flat No leads is a name of the family of square components with solde-ring pads on the underside as connections to the PCB.
QFP – Quad Flat Package is a package with gull wing formed leads extending from each of the four sides.
Repair – Measure taken when a fault has occurred in order to restore the original electrical function or mechanical performance of a printed board assembly.
Rework – Action taken to reprocess non-complying articles through the use of original, or alternate equivalent processing, in a manner that assures compliance of the article with applicable drawings or specifications.
Reflow cycle – Reflow cycle is defined, in this document, as when hot air, either by hot air gun or BGA repair machine, is used and the temperature on the board on any area is exceeding the solder liquids temperature (normally 217-220°C).
SOIC – Small Outline Integrated Circuit is a square or rectangular package type with gull wing formed leads extending from two opposite sides.
SOT – Small Outline Transistor is a rectangular package with three gull wing leads; two at one side and one at the opposite side (It also exists SOT packages with four leads and with five leads of which one lead is larger and used for heat-transfer).
WLP – Wafer Level Package is a package type where the wafer fabrication process has been extended to include device interconnection and device protection processes. A WLP is a protected chip with, most often, solder bumps as interconnects